It has been an interesting week. I took the first part of the Dari DLPT, but the system crashed on the second day, so I will have to go back next week to do the reading portion. My Angel has been in a lot of pain, we thought she might be developing appendicitis, but all the blood tests and CT scans have come back negative. My oldest son had his baseball team party and his last game. I’m really proud of how far his skills have come in one season and both my boys are now hooked on America’s game.
In addition, my head has been bursting with ideas and questions from the stuff I have been listening to and reading. Badquaker has been putting out some good stuff, as has the Cowboy Libertarian. Jack Spriko over at thesurvivalpodcast.com has been in excellent form and re-ignited my desire to get into home brewing.
That leaves me with a pile of questions for which I have no answers yet. I’m going to put them here, one so I don’t forget to come back to them and two, in case any of y’all want to ponder them and let me know if you come up with a good answer!
1. Where does nationalism/patriotism end and jingoism begin?
2. Can you have a faith in and dedication to an idea? I know I can have faith/dedication in Christ and develop it in my fellow man, but what about a non-corporeal idea/agreement like a Constitution?
3. What does it mean to be comfortable with a certain amount of moral ambiguity? When do you lose your soul by going along with realpolitik, even to accomplish/protect a noble goal? Can the ends ever truly justify the means?
4. If you have the opportunity to help large groups of people, but less or help individuals deeply…which do you do?
5. Do I dare take the risk of throwing everything I have into building a unique, teaching, example living community?
Just some thoughts running through my head…