It has been an interesting week. Household 6 is away to Louisville for a Praise and Worship leader conference with Sovereign Grace. So, I have been single dadding it and , so far, we are all alive!
The kids have Vacation Bible School this week. So, mornings they have been at the chapel and I pick them up over lunch and run them back to the house. Each afternoon has been full of activities for us all. Wednesday I met the group I went to Moore, OK with to video interviews of them on their take aways from the trip. Of course, the camera’s audio mic decided not to work, so we wound up doing it on iphone. I hope I can get that all spliced together with pics for a week from Sunday.
Yesterday we went to the county fair again. We went Tuesday night for the opening parade and to see the animals, but we ran out of time and so I took the kids back to ride the rides and eat funnel cake. A good time was had by all. Of course, last night we had a thunderstorm after we all went to bed and all of our shoes were out on the back stoop and the passenger doors of my truck were left open.
Today the kids are coming to work with me after lunch here at the museum. Then I am cooking for the VBS ending rally with some other guys. Hopefully we will get back tonight in time for me to prep tools for tomorrows projects.
Things to do tomorrow, these do not include long term projects I am putting off because I simply don’t have time.
• Build coop for cockerels so I can split our flock
• Build and install nesting boxes in hen house
• Weed eat pond dam
• Mow my neighbors pasture, as her mower is broken. This may get delayed because of rain.
• Shift electric netting around hen house for access to fresh pasture
• Build sun shade in pasture for horse
Build sun shade onto hen house
• Till for fall garden
• Do soil samples in 4 paddocks
• Plan water collection for both barns to reduce erosion and capture rain
• Tighten fence
• Teach older kids to drive riding mowers
• Order fall seeds
Anyone who wants to come out, I pay in pizza, beer and cigars!